Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor
My work as a psychotherapist is one of the great joys of my life. I am deeply moved and honored every day that I get to spend time with the brave souls that show up in my office.
I describe my style as relational, warm and engaging. I want to really understand your expereince and what is going on in your world. I will be there in the room with you asking questions, digging deep for clarity and insight with you, offering alternative approaches, teaching you skills and celebrating your successes.
As a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in private practice in Asheville, NC, it is my passion to work with individuals who are dealing with life situations that have caused them distress. I have close to fifteen years’ experience in the fields of psychology and mental health, and I create a highly individualized treatment plan for everyone that I work with. Here in Asheville, counseling in a private practice setting with this conscious and creative community of kindred spirits is an honor and a privilege!
My education is rooted in somatic and transpersonal psychologies, theories that incorporate the body and soul/spirit into the healing process. With a deep appreciation for many religious and philosophical systems and a particular interest in Eastern and Native traditions, I incorporate the offerings and wisdom of these ideologies in the healing process as applicable. By working together to find the right combination of talk therapy, mindfulness and other meditative exercises, active imagination, dream-work, or guided imagery, we can get to the core of the challenges in your life, and discover new ways of doing and being.
My unique interests and eclectic approach to this work allow me to practice this sacred work from the perspective that all beings are Whole. It is my belief that every individual inherently has the inner-wisdom and healing capacities to overcome the obstacles that they encounter and to move beyond, or transcend, these limitations. Through processing feelings, emotions, impressions, experiences, and thoughts, I will help you to identify patterns where you may be ‘stuck’ or help you to let go of beliefs about yourself or others that may not be serving you.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my husband and our three sons. Geeking out about all things psychology, cooking, writing, checking out live music, dining at our amazing local restaurants and crafting are all favorite pastimes.
I am a firm believer in the healing power of the therapeutic relationship, and I know the importance of finding a good match when you are looking to embark on the journey of psychotherapy and inner-work. Schedule an introductory 10-15 minute phone consultation with me to discuss your interest in counseling and find out if we might be good fit.
Asheville Counseling Credentials:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Specialization in Holistic Studies, John F. Kennedy University – Campbell, CA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Florida Atlantic University – Boca Raton, FL
Certifications & Professional Trainings:
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Certification, North Carolina Board of Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors – Garner, NC
- Yoga Teacher Certification, The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center – Grass Valley, CA
- Buddhist Psychology Certification, John F. Kennedy University – Campbell, CA
- Traumatic Stress Studies Certification, The Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute – Brookline, MA
- Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Personal Transformation Institute – Asheville, NC
- Certified Schema Therapist, The International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST), expected summer 2021